Monday, September 15, 2008

A Wandering Mind...

I am truly enjoying my snow swirled set.  It's SO versatile!  I made this card after seeing this card.  Now, I came across that card while blog hopping the other night, was suddenly struck with the idea to try it with snow swirled and got right to stamping.  I originally wanted to start with mellow moss...but I was all out.  So, I tried old olive...but wasn't really lovin' it with the kraft, and I was determined to keep the kraft.  I decided to try pacific point and started stamping, lost almost all sight of the original card and came up with this.  All the stamping is in whisper white and I took the pic under a lamp in the living room at about 10 pm, so it's not a great rendition...but I like it.


stamps: snow swirled, everyday flexible phrases; cardstock: pacific point, kraft; ink: whisper white craft; fiber: hemp twine; tools: word window, 1 3/8" circle and ticket corner punches, coluzzle, sponge dauber; other: dimensionals

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card. I like the circles!

sarahw said...

Very different, I really like it. Thanks for sharing. Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi. Wow. What a true one of a kind card. I am liking it and letting you know that I am casing it. Thanks for sharing!

Traci G said...

I don't know why I overlooked that Snow Swirled set! The more I see things with it, the more I like it. Thanks for sharing your great card with us!

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Great design. That would be a good card for a work shop revolving around punches and the coluzzle!

michelle sturgeon said...

You are getting a following, angela! LOL! I like your take on the original card.

Angela said...

I have bad news...got home from work today to learn that the cats found this card a great toy...which caused the dog to mistake it for a treat. :( Oh, well, at least I took a pic, first. haha

Julia said...

This card came out great! Love the circles. And the colors for winter are great!

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty. I love the color combination and how the big circle has a peek through window.

Carol Matthews said...

This is really lovely - I never would have thought of using the stamp set this way, so thanks for 'opening my eyes' to it!

Brenda said...

What a unique card! I love the the circle within a circle... looks like an ornament! I also love the way you added happy winter. Would have never thought to use those colors together for a winter card, but they look great! TFS!