Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ok, so I'm a bad blog-mommy...

Yeah, I admit it, I'm a negligent blog-mommy.  I also have no real excuse other than laziness.  I've thought about blogging a lot since my last post...just haven't actually gotten around to it.  And now I can't find my camera cable!!  See what happens when I go on vacation?  So, I was going to use that as my excuse to, yet again, not post for you all.  But, instead, I'm going to share from my archives (is 6 months old enough to be considered "archived"?).

Anyway, moving on...this is a card from a workshop back in March.  It's a simple tri-fold.  Basically, fold the cardstock in half to create a standard card size and then fold the front flap back on itself.  Pretty simple.  The flower was colored by loading a summer sun marker with pumpkin pie.    Theoretically, the base of each petal is darker than the tips.  Loading is a fancy term for using a light colored marker as a blender pen.  As the dark ink is "scribbled out" the lighter color is seen.You only want to do this with like colors.  I wouldn't load my barely banana with not quite navy, for instance.  If your colors are within same generally family, you should have no problems with lingering color.


And here it is open.


Thanks for stopping by.  I'll get some newer stuff up once I find that stupid cord.  Now, where would I have put that...?

stamps: time well spent; cardstock: whisper white, brilliant blue, garden green; ink: basic gray, pumpkin pie, and brilliant blue classic pads, summer sun, brilliant blue, and pumpkin pie marker; pumpkin pie striped grosgrain ribbon

10 comments:

Carmen said...

What a great way to fold the card. I like how the card came out .. nice and cheery. I share projects I made previously too :)

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

Very pretty! I really like the fold. TFS.

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty. I've never tried the loading technique. I may have to after seeing your card.

Anonymous said...

very pretty.

Jennifer Wiemann said...

What a fun card! Great job!
Jennifer
www.mommy2my3boys.blogspot.com

Jennifer Murai said...

What a great fold. Thanks for digging it out :) I often lose my darn camera cord as well. So frustrating, good luck in your search.

Anonymous said...

Neat fold! Glad you're back to blogging:)

Anonymous said...

Great card!

I hope you find that cord soon. I'm looking forward to your next creation!

patricia said...

Cute cards!
good luck finding your cord!
Thanks for visiting my blog.

Brenda said...

What a neat fold! Very cool card! Thanks for finding something to share with us! Good luck finding the cord.