Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hurray for Hubby (or...2 cards and a crazy kitty)




Lee discovered my camera cord in the abyss of his truck...which makes sense, since that's the vehicle we took camping.  haha

So, here are 2 cards and a crazy kitty...

A friend loaned me Pretty Peony and I made this birthday card for a co-worker (yes, another one :)  The 2-step flower and leaves are only 2 ink pads...I simply stamped off for the lighter layer.  And there's that topnote again...


And the inside.  I usually sell off my retired sets, since I can't demo them anymore.  But this birthday set (It's Your Birthday) is just too handy to get rid of.  So, I save valuable storage space by unmounting the retired sets I keep.  I heat the wood-mounted stamp in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds and then peel the foam (with rubber attached) off the block and apply Aleene's Tack-it Over and Over to the back.  It sticks to the acrylic block beautifully (you can see them on the left.  Also, I cut  the "Happy Birthday" into 2 words, which makes them more versatile.


Here's the second picture.  This was for Kristina's color challenge a while back, but I never posted it.  Lots of embossing on this one...almost everything.  I used my vanilla reinker and aquapainter to color in the large image and scallop-circle-punched image...man, that took forever.  The double-sided satin ribbon was from the Theatre Ribbon Originals in the last catalog, but it gives you an idea of what the new stuff looks like.


And here's the crazy kitty.  Finn loves getting inside of things.  When I set the lid aside to clean the litter box he lays inside looking out the door like it's a doghouse.  The other day I found him inside this box, which is under 2 other boxes (all empty).  So, I had my mom and sister pick up this cat tent while they were at Ikea today.  I sure hope the dog doesn't try to eat it.

18 comments:

sarahw said...

Really pretty cards, I love the first birthday card, the colors are great. TFS

Anonymous said...

Great cards! Love the top note layers.

Traci G said...

Very pretty cards.....and that's one cute kitty!!!

Carmen said...

Wow ... that's beautiful!! What a playful kitty!!

Brenda said...

Oh my! These are gorgeous cards! Gotta love the Top Note die! Thanks for the tip to use the Very Vanilla reinker with the aqua painter... I'm going to have to give that a try. TFS!

Jennifer Murai said...

What a cute kitty :) Your cards are great. I am especially partial to the Peony card. Love the colors and layout.

Julia said...

Oh the peony card is sooo beautiful. You did a great job on it. I really like the colors that you used.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

That peony card is gorgeous! I haven't got to the point of selling retired stuff...yet. I should, I konw. But, I figure if I loved them enough to buy them once, I should keep them. We'll see what happens when my workshop gets over run with stamps!

Angie Tieman said...

Super cute cards!! And your crazy kitty is a cutie too!

Anonymous said...

Angela:

Your kitty looks like my Tinkerbell! :) Too cute.

Dawn Billings

Anonymous said...

prayerandstamps: Cute Cat and super cute cards. I really like the first card.

Anonymous said...

Very cute cards!

Anonymous said...

The peony card is GORGEOUS as is the Kind Thoughts card.

Your kitty is SO cute! I have 2 of my own and they love to be enclosed in things too - mainly the pantry though. LOL!

Anonymous said...

OK, so now I have to order 'Pretty Peony', and it's all your fault! :)

But I do have Kind Thoughts and I'm going to case your card this afternoon (Thanks for sharing!)

Both cards are lovely, and the kitty is adorable too.

Katy said...

I do not need either of those sets....I do not need either of those sets....I NEED both of the sets. Resistance if futile. That peony card is absolutely gorgeous!

Amanda said...

Beautiful! Great looking cards.

Julia said...

Loved, loved, loved your pretty peony birthday card! Putting it on the top note die just completed the look.

Angie Tieman said...

Beautiful cards!! Love how you made the *inside* of the card just as beautiful as the outside on that first card, and the way you colored in with the vanilla reinker pad on the second card is stunning!! Precious kitty too!