Saturday, September 6, 2008

Random Technical and Fun Stuff

Just wanted to share some random stuff from the web:

1. A great big thanks to Amanda, one of my SCS sisters, for pointing me in the direction of this wonderful post teaching me how to add that third column. I've gazed longingly at others' third columns for ages and now I know the secret. What do you think of the new layout?

2. The other day I discovered wordle through another blog...which, for the life of me I can't find...isn't that always the way?? Wordle is a site that takes any text you give it and creates a graphic showing the most used words prominently. You can then change the font, layout, and color scheme. Anyway, I decided to take the feed from my blog and plug it in to see what I got. Well, here's the "I've Been Inking Wordle".

3. Check out Babble...a wonderfully addictive online word game. It's like a cross between scrabble and boggle. And you can chat with other players for tips and hints. So great!!

4. A shameless plug for one of my favorite non-stamping blogs ... written by my best friend. Naomi's writing sytle is highly amusing, and her boys are hilarious. And, yes, it's all true. haha Trust me, I've seen it!! She's been rather quiet lately. She's got a lot on her plate right now launching her gluten-free flour business. Just amazing. Enjoy!!

Now it's your turn. What are some of your recent crazy online finds or favorite haunts?? Please share!

(Edited to add: Here's the Linda Heller's husband's blog where I first heard about wordle...thanks, Carmen!!)

3 comments:

Carmen said...

I love wordle!! I got it from Matt's part of Linda's Blog. Does that even make sense?? Maybe that's where you say it?

michelle sturgeon said...

I love the look of your blog! How did you add all the cool SU links at the side? I need a third column!

Slightly Off Balance said...

wait.... WAIT! You have a BLOG!!?!?!?!?!