Thursday, September 11, 2008

More Birthdays

Wanted to share a couple birthday cards I made a while back for some of Kristina's color challenges.
This first is very outside my usual style, but I'm really happy with the result.  I think this may be the most layers I've ever used on a card. haha  I used the stamp-a-ma-jig quite a bit.  The cupcake is popped up with a dimensional and there is dazzling diamonds on the icing.  I used stazon ink to 
color the vintage brads black.

I also decorated the inside.  The small cupcake is from short and sweet, which is one of my favorite sets. 

Enjoy birthday: enjoy every moment, everyday flexible phrases, it's your birthday (retired) and short & sweet stamp sets; ruby red, basic gray, river rock (retired) classic and stazon ink pads; ruby red, basic gray, basic black, river rock (retired) and whisper white cardstock; dazzling diamonds; aquapainters; SAMJ; vintage brads


On this second card I used my markers to color in the flower from True Friend before stamping.  When I saw that rose was one of the colors, I knew I'd be using this DSP.  I have such a hard time using sage shadow, so this was a good stretch for me.


Flower birthday: true friend and it's your birthday (retired stamp sets; regal rose, rose red and sage shadow markers; sage shadow and basic black classic ink pads; regal rose, rose red, and sage shadow card stock; rose red prints desiger series paper (retired); 5/8" regal rose grosgrain ribbon; dimensionals

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Stamping!!

7 comments:

sarahw said...

I love them, so pretty and clean looking. Thanks for sharing,Sarah

Anonymous said...

Great cards. I love the decorated insides!! I've got to do that more often.

Brandi Wiggins-Côté said...

I really like the way you colored the flower and that's a great use of the little cupcake!

Traci G said...

These are such great cards!! I have never seen a more beautiful inside of a card either!

michelle sturgeon said...

Both really great cards~! I love that you decorate the inside!

Carol Matthews said...

ooooooooooo - love this card and the colours, Very Classy.

Anonymous said...

I love the colors! The second is my fav. So very pretty!