Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Christmasy Convention Swaps...and a cute kitty!

Here are some more of the swaps I took to convention. The first was for a new catalog preview swap. The "new" is in the color and the sentiment stamp. This is 3 layers of cardstock...2 pacific point with a whisper white sandwiched between. The base PP is 4 1/4 x 5 1/2, the WW layer is 4 x 5 1/4, and the stamped PP layer is 3 7/8 x 5 1/8. I stamped the vine from Baroque Motifs in Pacific Point on PP, ran my embossing buddy over it and then stamped the vine again (intentionally offset), the burst "flowers" and the sentiment in versamark and embossed with white EP. (It think next time I'll stamp in whisper white craft and white EP to give a more solid image.) After embossing I used my 2-way glue pen to add dazzling diamonds to the flowers and sponged whisper white craft around the edges to soften it. I added the white taffeta ribbon (yum...simply LOVE the taffeta ribbon), mounted the stamped PP on the WW and then mounted that on the base PP. Voila! Ok, it really is much less complicated than it sounds. So much so that I'm hoping to include this in the Christmas stack in October (see my events calendar for details)

I also participated in a pin swap and made this domino pin to share. You can view a great tutorial for domino pins here. I embossed the snowflakes and, although you can't see it in the pic, added dazzling diamonds to them with my 2-way glue pen. I attached the black gingham ribbon with sticky strip and the pin to the back with crystal effects. Punched two holes in the card with my crop-a-dile to make the pin more "giftable."
And now for the cute kitty!
This is our newest addition. His name is Pippin (Peregrin Took from the Lord of the Rings trilogy). About 10 days ago he wandered into our lives. There was never a real question about IF we would keep him. Hubby and I never really discussed it..it was just understood that he was ours. He's adapting well to his new home, which includes 2 other cats (7 year-old Moe and 1 year-old Finnegan (Finn)) and a 3 year-old chocolate lab "puppy" named Bettis (yes, as in Jerome Bettis of the Steelers...no, we don't watch football. We adopted him when he was 1yo...name and all.) Isn't he adorable???

Christmas Card: Baroque Motifs and Heard from the Heart stamp sets; Pacific Point and Whisper White cardstock; Pacific Point Classic, Whisper White Craft and Versamark ink pads; stampin' sponge, white taffeta ribbon, white embossing powder, heat gun, 2-way glue pen and dazzling diamonds glitter
Very Merry Pin: Short and Sweet stamp set; Pacific Point classic, Jet Black Stazon and Versamark ink pads; sanding block; sticky strip; black gingham ribbon; pin back; crystal effects; matte acrylic spray sealer

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Absolutely a stunning card! great job