Sunday, April 6, 2008

Stamp-Happy!!

Friday afternoon I went a little stamp-happy. There are days when I have to stamp, because I have a workshop or class coming up. Then there are days like Friday. I was in such a groove. I got to stamp just for the joy of stamping! It was great!!

So, I'd like to share a couple of the cards I made on Friday...enjoy!

The first card is a congratulations card for my aunt who retired recently. I used the stamp-a-majig quite a bit on this card. I also used my not-quite-navy marker and crystal effects to fill the trough in the flower ribbon slide with color.








The second is a one-layer card for my pastor, who had major surgery on Wednesday. I used the stamp-a-majig for every stamp on this card (If I'm going to center everything then I'm going to do it right). The main stamp was actually borrowed from his wife. I was really excited to use my markers on this stamp.

The sentiment at the bottom is originally on four lines. I drew light pencil lines to center and line up the words and used the stamp-a-majig to stamp one line at a time. The ribbon was originally 1/4" white grosgrain and I colored it ruby red with my marker and tied it on the card along with a piece of linen thread.







I made this one for my pastor's wife. I stamped the flower image in whisper white craft ink then used heat and stick powder to adhere dazzling diamonds glitter. I also stamped the flower on the soft sky card base. I punched the circle in the soft sky piece with my 1 3/8" circle punch and popped the piece up on dimensionals, after tying the white grosgrain using the technique in my previous post.












I really struggled with this card. I went round and round with the colors. I knew I wanted a semi-monochromatic card, but couldn't decide what went best with the groovy guava and satin chocolate ribbon both. All images were stamped in chocolate chip craft ink and embossed in clear. The guava circle is popped up on dimensionals. I used the crop-a-dile to add the jumbo eyelets, through which I laced and tied the chocolate ribbon.










I hope you enjoyed the results of my stamp-happy Friday. Stay tuned for a sneak peek of one of the projects we'll be doing at the brayer class Saturday.

1 comment:

Angela said...

LOL Just reading through old posts and realized I never said the color of the last card...after all that build-up about picking the shade.

It's Really Rust.

:) Angela