Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bye-bye Marker Club

So, this evening was the fourth and final gathering of my first Stampin' Up! Marker Club. I'm really going to miss stamping with those ladies on a regular basis...they're so much fun.

Tonight they used their markers to custom color white grosgrain ribbon and flowers from the Pretties Kit. In my usual fashion I procrastinated ordering the necessary items, so today I Mr. Brown brought me a nice large box full of fun stuff, including the pretties kit and jumbo wheel I was planning to use on tonight's card. The card was created weeks ago...in my mind...but wasn't officially a card until about 30 minutes before the club meeting started. Oh, well. At least my mom's house (where we met) was close enough that I could run home quickly when I realized I'd forgotten one of the punches for the bonus project.

Ok, enough about my inefficiency and lack of planning...here's what we made tonight.



enjoy - Stamps: Enjoy Every Moment, Daisy Dash Jumbo Wheel; Card stock: Blue Bayou, textured Soft Sky, Whisper White; Ink: Blue Bayou, Cameo Coral stampin' write marker, Not Quite Navy jumbo ink cartridge; Accessories: 1.4" white grosgrain ribbon, pretties kit; Tools: Crop-a-dile, ticket corner punch




We did a card at each meeting...and this month we also made this Photo Clip.




stamper photo clip - Stamps: Circle of Friendship, Enjoy Every Moment; Cardstock: Blue Bayou, Blue Bayou designer series paper; Ink: Blue Bayou; Accessories: 1.4" white grosgrain ribbon; Tools: 1/2",1" and 1 1/4" circle punches; Misc: Crystal Effects (adhesive)


And here's a closeup of the photo clip. I just couldn't seem to get a clear image from further away.

I hope you liked the projects. I'm really lovin' my markers...it's like having all the ink pads. I'm noticing certain colors I use a lot. Those will probably be the next pads I get.

No comments: