Thursday, July 31, 2008

Convention Day 1

Today was check-in day. We picked up our bags when we arrived at the convention center, inside which were our 3 free new stamp sets, convention schedule, meal tickets, pen, pins...oh, AND THE NEW CATALOG!! There were ladies everywhere sitting, standing and walking into others while they perused the new catalog. It's beautiful. We've got new stamp sets like Eastern Blooms (one of my free convention sets and my favorite of the 3) which has a modern, asian feel...sort of eclectic. There are also some vintage style sets, and tons of beautiful paper, simply scrappin' kits and...a new item...card element kits. They're kind of like a scrappin' kit for cards so you can create rubber-free, if you so desire.

When my roommates and I had settled in for the evening and gotten acquainted, we broke out our new sets and did some creating. The only thing better than playing with new stamps is doing it with someone else. We shared ideas and bounced designs off each other...just wonderful!!

Here are some pictures from today:
The Gathering Place...this is where we picked up our bags and will be eating lunch this week. It is also where the display boards are...just boards and boards of cards and other projects to spark our creativity. My camera was full before I got a chance to take any pictures of the boards...but it's empty now and I'll be spending a lot of time taking pictures of the samples tomorrow.








After we picked up our bags we stood in line to get into Memento Mall...2 1/2 hours later, we were inside. I restrained myself and only got a project tote (decorated with fabric that matches a new designer paper), a 20th anniversary charm and a key chain. There were also aprons, shirts, posters and much more. Here we are in line....and shopping at Memento Mall.

And now it's almost midnight (2AM according to my internal clock...stinkin' time zones!) so I'm off to dream of beautiful stamped projects.

Tomorrow I'll try to post pics of some of the swaps I brought with me. In the meantime, here's a color combo from the sunsets last night...bashful blue, apricot appeal and basic gray. The gray was the clouds on the horizon with the blue above and the apricot below...just beautiful. Now, if you'll take the challenge, I'd like to see what you create with these colors. Just take upload an image of your project (to http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ or another online photo gallery such as snapfish or photobucket) and post a comment with the link to your card. I hope you'll share your projects with us!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your head must be ready to explode with all these new ideas. i organized my stamps yesterday. i need to find a better way too keep them. oh and i am thinking i want the punch that matches up with the one new set i got. hope u r having a blast. c u soon.

Anonymous said...

Call me, I'm dying here all by myself...