Friday, August 14, 2009

Fall Fun

This card uses not only a new set from the new catalog but three of the new in colors. I love all the new in colors in their various combinations. These three, soft suede, crushed curry and dusty durango, make a great fall palette. And this set is not only great for Thanksgiving, with it's 1" circle medallion that says "Happy Thanksgiving" around an acorn, but is also great for a fall card and even thank you notes. I love the bold images and variety, with 5 different leaf options.

I layered the white button from Button Latte (available free this month with a $35 stamp set purchase from the Growing Up section of the catalog) over the 1" thanksgiving medallion. I also got to use my new mat pack and piercing tool to add the pierced dots along the bottom of the soft suede panel.



Falling Thanksgiving card: falling leaves stamp set; crushed curry, soft suede and dusty durango ink; crushed curry, soft suede and whisper white cardstock; button latte; linen thread; mat pack; paper piercing tool; 1" circle punch

2 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Super card! I like the layout of it. This set (and matching wheel) were my first purchases from new catty!
Start saving your pennies, cause you want to room with me at Convention next year, K?

Angela said...

Thanks, Michelle, I also got the wheel...2 of them, actually. One I cut apart and mounted on EZmount to use with an acrylic block. Such great sentiments in it...and the leaves are slightly larger than in this set.
Don't worry, I'm saving those pennies. :)