Thursday, June 25, 2009

3 days in a row??

I know what you're thinking, "Three in a row...what's gotten into her??" Well, through the magic of blogging I actually wrote this 2 days ago for you to enjoy today. Sorry the pic's so bad. I didn't even drag out my light tent. I just wanted to get this posted for you.
The third Tuesday of the month I teach a technique class. We do (generally) 3 techniques and make a card and technique page for each. Below is pictured both items for the technique "reinker spread." I LOVE this technique. It takes quite a while to do (mostly drying time) but the end result is so worth it...and never what you expect.
Emboss an outline image on shimmery white or glossy white cardstock, spray liberally with water until it pools, apply ink to the water pools and watch the color spread. Set the image aside to dry (takes quite a while and can be sped up with your heat tool...if you're really careful to not chase the water all over your cardstock), then cut it out. Voila!!

Fifth Ave Kraft: Fifth Ave Floral stamp set; Kraft, Basic Black, Whisper White and Glossy White cardstock; Versamark and Basic Black classic ink pad; white embossing powder; heat tool; water mister; Pink Pirouette and Riding Hood Red reinker; aquapainter

3 comments:

Julia said...

What a neat technique! Love how the card turned out.

michelle sturgeon said...

This is gorgeous! I have never done this technique but I have to try it!

michelle sturgeon said...

been thinking of you! How's it going?