Monday, April 13, 2009

2 projects for you...

I hope you had a good Easter! I had too much ham and way too much chocolate...but that's neither here nor there...until WW weigh-in on Thursday. *sigh*


So, I wanted to share 2 projects with you...both of which were made with my Sizzix Big Shot for Stampin' Up! The first is a name banner I made several months ago for a friend who had her first girl after 4 boys (she's gonna be a tough little princess :). I cut the letter frames from coasters with dsp already attached (no sanding!!). I would have done the same for the letters, but I don't have those dies...yet. A kind sister demo on SCS traded me the chipboard letters for some stamped image sheets...SU! demos are so nice!




The second project is a card we made at our March Stamp-a-Stack. I ran the Close to Cocoa colored Candy Lane designer series paper through the Big Shot using my SU! exclusive Backgrounds 1 Texturz Plates. Then I ran my sanding block over it lightly to distress the raised design, leaving the white paper core exposed for contrast. I just love the way that looks.





TIP: Use a darker designer paper with a tone-on-tone effect to make the distressing more prominent.

Leah Name Banner: Bella Rose dsp; 5/8" Chocolate Chip stitched grosgrain ribbon; filigree brad; fire rhinestone brad; tombow multi adhesive; paper snips; Sizzix Scalloped Circle #2 Bigz Die; Serif Essentials Bigz Alphabet Dies Set; Sizzix Big Shot for Stampin' Up!

Perk Up Card: Brocade Blue and Whisper White cardstock; Candy Lane dsp; Chocolate Chip craft ink pad; clear embossing powder; 5/8" Certainly Celery twill ribbon (SAB); Ticket Corner punch; SU! backgrounds 1 texturz plate; Sizzix silicone pad; Sizzix impressions plate; Sizzix Big Shot for Stampin' Up!

2 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

I really like the LEAH banner...wall hanging thingie.
I am registered for convention. I'll be thinking of you!

Carmen said...

Too cool!