Monday, June 30, 2008

Intentional Stamper


There are times when I stamp, because I have a class or workshop. Then, there are times when I get to stamp for the pure joy of it. And then there are times when I'm the intentional stamper. These are times when I have a specific person or occasion in mind. Last night was one of those times. I pulled out stamps and ink to make this sympathy card for a woman who recently lost her husband.
I really admire Krystie's watercoloring style. So I decided to try it with Wonderful You. I really like the way this turned out...first time I've actually liked my watercoloring. I especially like the river rock "halo" around the image.
When it was time to add the sentiment I remembered that I don't have any SU! sympathy stamps. So, it was into the contraband drawer (shhh...don't tell) for my Papertrey Ink Mixed Messages. The word window punch is just the perfect size to make a tag with this set. I punched the tag a second time to make it shorter. I used my crop-a-dile to put a copper brad in the tag for the ribbon. Both the tag and the image panel are adhered with dimensionals. The center of the flower is accented with dots of Crystal Effects applied with a toothpick.
Thanks for looking.
Recipe - All Stampin' Up! unless noted - Stamps: Wonderful You, Mixed Messages (PTI); Cardstock: Whisper White textured, Whisper White, Groovy Guava, Basic Black; Ink: Basic Black, Groovy Guava, River Rock, Always Artichoke (stem), So Saffron (flower center); Accessories: Black gingham ribbon, copper eyelet, crystal effects, word window punch, crop-a-dile

1 comment:

Joan said...

Thanks for the comment. This card is lovely. Your watercoloring is beautiful!