Friday, October 9, 2009

More Leftovers

Here's another card I made on Saturday from my "leftovers" box. The top note piece was already stamped and watercolored and even the gray base was precut. I simply cut a piece of designer series paper, added a ribbon and voila! A card!!


I really love our watercolor paper. It's a 100% pressed cotton paper and takes the watercolor beautifully. If you click on the pic you can see how the color pools to create the classic watercolor effect. The "you" stamp is actually the "for you" stamp from Great Friend. I simply used my basic gray marker to ink just the "you."
Watercolor Thanks card: jumbo outline alphabet and great friend stamp sets; basic gray cardstock; muirfield dsp (retired); watercolor paper; basic gray and kiwi kiss ink; aquapainter; gray taffeta ribbon

4 comments:

michelle sturgeon said...

Very masculine!
Stop by my blog when you get a chance...a brand new look!

Jenn said...

I always have a ton of leftovers, too! Great card using the outline alpha stamp set. Thanks for posting your blog on Stampin' Connection.

Ezlie said...

I'm new to your blog. Got from thread on Stampin' connection. Love your idea of using your leftovers. Your leftovers look a lot better than mine...mine are truly scraps! =) Thanks for sharing your creations. I look forward to seeing more.

ejp
www.madebyejp.stampinup.net

michelle sturgeon said...

Angela, it doesn't look as though you've been inking at all...I miss you!