Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Resurrection Day!!

Happy Easter, everyone! Just got home from a day of running around to visit all the family and am using my brief sugar high to post my Easter card...since I know that in about 30 minutes my sugar will drop out and I'll be fast asleep.




I used a piece from the Wild Wasabi Textured Cardstock Special (16 sheets for $3.95, available through April 30) to make a pocket card. I trimmed the sheet to be 11 1/8 x 4 1/4 so that, after folding, it would be 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. The verse on the front is Matthew 28:6 "He is not here; for He is risen, as He said." and was printed in Contempo Caps font using the Stampin' Up! Write Me a Memory journaling CD. I stamped the cross over it in Basic Brown after first stamping off to lighten the image. I used the leaf stamp to accent the edges and the inside verse is from God's Blessings. It says "Sharing with you the miracle of new hope and new life through the glorious gift of Christ the Lord."

I hope you like it.

Recipe - Stamps: Refuge and Strength, God's Blessings; Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Basic Brown, Wild Wasabi textured; Ink: Basic Brown; Ribbon: Chocolate Chip Taffeta; Tools: Crop-a-dile.

1 comment:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Beautiful Card. Thanks for the directions and how to. This would be a lovely card for so many occasions with just a tweak or two for the sentiments.

Hugs and blessings - Jean