Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And so it begins...

So, apparently I'm joining the world of blogging. I was never very good at keeping a diary, but, then again, I never expected anyone to read it...not that I expect much more here. Of course, the potential audience of the blog is generally larger than that of the childhood diary...unless you somehow become famous and forget to burn it....anyway...can you tell I have ADD?? haha

I've been a blogger-wanna-be for some time now. You see, I'm one of those blog stalkers your mother warned you about. I read and browse and share my opinion...with no one!! I'm a backseat blogger...one who would rather read and critique, than be read and critiqued. But, I've finally decided to take the plunge, throw caution to the wind and just do it.

Ok, ok, enough cliches. How about a little about me. Seems apropo, being that this IS my first ever blog entry...

I've been a stamper since elementary school...a good twenty-*mumble* years ago. I can still remember sitting with my gradeschool best friend, Liz, stamping all over a page and basically going, "that was cool...now what?" Thinking back, we weren't exactly creative. We would sit together during recess (oh, yeah, I was quite the athlete, lol) and crochet squares...rip them out...and crochet them again. We loved the craftiness but had no clue what to do with it.

Since that time I've moved from one craft to another. Through highschool and college I was the "crochet chick" and loved ones knew that if it could be made with yarn, they'd probably get one for Christmas. I tried several times...quite unsuccessfully...to learn knitting from several people. Each time I would try for a day, get horribly uneven stitches and give up (I'm a perfectionist, too, by the way). Then one day, I bought a book and it all clicked...I was a knitter...Until February 2007 when I discovered Stampin' Up! I attended my first stamp-a-stack and 3 months later joined the Stampin' Up! family as a new demonstrator.

Long story short...remember that girl I would stamp and crochet with in grade school? She's now my upline. Hi, Liz!!


3 comments:

Abby said...

I'm gonna have to leave my two cents. Okay, not really, but I wanted to add that after joining, Angela got her long time friend (um, me) to also join the SU! family after much persuasion and a great promotion by SU!. Long time friend doesn't put in next to Liz in age, lol, but Angela and I DO have quite the history none the less. When people ask me how I know Angela, I have to go back to the beginning and say that first she attended the Summer Camp that grew up at, then she dated my brother, then she WORKED at the summer camp, (blah, blah, blah) then we were college roommates, then she was ALMOST in my wedding (but went to Honduras instead) THEN we were neighbors and NOW she's my up-line and terrific friend (we weren't ALWAYS terrific friends....just kidding). It's cool that I have someone to share in my addiction to stamping and steal, ehm...borrow select stamp sets from. We've always shared our love for creating, though I was never the marathon crocheter that she was (thanks for the blanket BTW). The strangest thing we ever did together was stay up all night watching some country music channel while sewing her bridesmaids gowns, um...the day before her wedding! Yeah, you STILL owe me! But anyway, now I get to follow in her foot steps and become an expert Stamper (really I just copy her ideas and take the credit!). Thanks for the fun Spange. ....wow, I didn't know 2 cents could stretch this far!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Actually, it was Ecuador...not Honduras.

Also...Have I taught you nothing? If you steal...umm, borrow...a project idea or layout from another stamper/crafter...all you have to do is change the colors and it's yours. ;) hehe

btw, thanks for the help with my blog name...and your 2 cents...you always were a frugal shopper. ;o)

((Sorry, the perfectionist in me had to fix a typo.))